- Born: 25 Oct 1895, Cowley, Middlesex
- Christened: 30 Nov 1895, Parish Church, Cowley, Hillingdon, London
- Died: 1 Jul 1916, Flanders, Belgium aged 20
Unit Text:2nd Bn
Date of Death:01/07/1916
Additional information:Son of Mr. and Mrs. Cannon, of 39, Florence Rd., Southall, Middx.
Casualty Type:Commonwealth War Dead
Grave/Memorial Reference:B. 16.
Cemetery:HAWTHORN RIDGE CEMETERY No.2, AUCHONVILLERS
Hawthorn Ridge Cemetery No.2 is 460 metres South of No.1. It was made by the V Corps (as V Corps Cemetery No.12) in the spring of 1917, and seven isolated graves were brought in after the Armistice. There are now over 200, 1914-18 war casualties commemorated in this site. Of these, over 50 are unidentified. The great majority fell on the 1st July, 1916. The cemetery covers an area of 1,019 square metres and it is enclosed by a low stone rubble wall.
Noted events in his life were:
• Census, 1901, 6 Tildesley Cottages, Norwood, Middlesex.
• Census, 1911, 39 Florence Road, Southall, Middlesex.
• Occupation: Machine Hand @ Telephone Manufacturer, 1911.