Noted events in his life were:
• Census, 1881, Blakeney Road, Glandford cum Bayfield, Norfolk.
• Occupation: Agricultural Labourer, 1881.
• Census, 1891, High Street, Wiveton, Norfolk.
• Occupation: Agricultural Labourer, 1891.
• Census, 1911, Wiveton, Cley next the Sea, Norfolk.
• Occupation: Farm Labourer, 1911.
James married Mary Elizabeth BLACKWOOD, daughter of William BLACKWOOD and Martha WILLIAMSON, in Dec 1871 in South Shields, Durham. (Mary Elizabeth BLACKWOOD was born in Mar 1854 in Wiveton, Norfolk and died in 1942 in North Walsham, Norfolk.)